Light Entertainment – What Inspires You?

Hi.

I don’t know about you, but I spend hours and hours at my computer – and I have great difficulty concentrating for some reason, unless I can hear music. Because of that, I create YouTube playlists and I add songs and videos that inspire me. I find that the light entertainment of music helps me concentrate – so what inspires you?

I sometimes just make the YouTube video window small, and put it into the top right of my screen, just so I can see the performances (I know them, but I still like seeing artists perform), and have my main windows take up the rest of the screen. Right now it’s Creed’s With Arms Wide Open, and the Lightning Seeds Life of Riley, and finally Cat Stevens Father and Son – all about having babies and being a dad. The messages behind these songs are similar to why I am working at this time of the night:

I’m doing it because I want to build a better future for my family – there it is, pure and simple – no world domination aspirations… So I just wanted to share a little how I work towards my goal.

I do the 9-5 (or more 07:00-16:30), get home, spend time with my better half and 3 boys, sit around the table and have dinner, talk about what they all did today (I just “fix” computers apparently!!), help with their homework, take them to cubs, beavers, scouts, swimming, and various after school meetings, pick them up from cubs, beavers, scouts etc etc… but you know what, I wouldn’t change it for the world. I am involved in their worlds – and when they are my age, they’ll know I was.

I have a fantastic life. Am I rich? Financially, it’s all relative, but no – I struggle to budget as much as anyone – but forget financials, then yes – I am the richest man in the world – I have what is important to me – life, health, family, friends and fun. Right now, it’s approaching 12 midnight my time (I’ll be up for at least another 2 hours) – and I’ve a shed load of work to do, supporting people who use a program I wrote, and need help and guidance – and normally, I’ll be up a little before 6am. This is my life after my wife and boys go to bed – but I’m investing in their future, so I am doing what I can to secure that.

Tomorrow my middle boy turns nine – he was born very early, and neither me or my better half slept for many years after he was born – but will never be anything less than grateful for him, and my other two boys and what they have brought to our lives – I would never change that for the world. Tomorrow, I will stay a little later in the morning, have breakfast with my family, come home a little later (as I’ll go into work a little later) and have cake and enjoy my sons birthday.

I have very clear goals with my time here at Wealthy Affiliate. Enjoy it while I’m here (listen to music that inspired me, and makes me ‘feel’ good), and build something my boys can (if not pick up from) be inspired from to ensure they understand that you work hard if you want something, and you reap the rewards when you do.

I’d love to hear what music inspires you, and what your drive is for doing what you do.

All the best, Mark

Mark Tait

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 18 comments
Randy Phillips - March 7, 2014

Very well put. In short, wealth is not the money you have; it’s the heart you have and what you use the money for that you gain. Material gain is only temporary. The heart will last for ever.

Glad to get to know you. I am new at this and other obligations are keeping me from moving forward like I want to but I know there will be a day when that will change. The people with in WA have an attitude that will be heard to beat.

They Help, Share info, teach, encourage and much more. That is what the bible teaches.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to further communication at WA.

Mark Tait - March 7, 2014

Hi Randy – thank you, I appreciate that.

I couldn’t agree more regarding Wealthy Affiliate – the support is second to none, the people seem to want you to succeed as much as they want to themselves.

All the best Randy,

Mark

brenda - March 7, 2014

Way cool.
Brenda

Andy D - March 7, 2014

I simply wanted to say that the Lightning Seeds should do it for anyone.
A lovely bundle of hopping, swooping, whooping joyous keyboards, guitars and sound as unctuous as a ripe French soft cheese.
Joy

Mark Tait - March 7, 2014

Hi Andy – yep agreed – I love listening to those songs, and hearing how well he produced them too.

Cheers, Mark

Berny - March 7, 2014

Hi Mark

Thank you for sharing this with us. You are a lucky man and a busy man. I know how you feel, and I only have one son. He is involved in Country /Fire Service cadets, bull riding, karate and motor cross bike racing taking us 100’s of miles from home. Boy he keeps us busy. I wouldn’t have it any other way though! I also work full-time (with a long distance each way) then after everyone settles down for the night, I love being involved with WA.

Cheers
Berny

Mark Tait - March 7, 2014

Hi Berny – we’re walking the same path then in that case! Nice to know I’ve got company 🙂

I have to ask though, I get cadets, moto-cross etc – but bull riding???? That made me chuckle!!

All the best, Mark

Katie - March 7, 2014

I understand where you are coming from and know that an opportunity to work from home is without a interest to many people, music is a good way of relaxing and brings about inspirational moments

Mark Tait - March 7, 2014

Hi Katie – thank you, yes I agree – when I stumble across new music and new videos, it’s easy to be inspired by others creativity.

All the best, Mark

Debbie - March 7, 2014

My music depends on my day and mood. It can rock & roll to classical.

I want to help people and do something for others. My life has been helping people. It is great to be able to tell someone you have solved their problem. They are relieved that someone can help them. It is nice to go home at night and know you have made someone else’s life better. That is why I do what I do.

Mark Tait - March 7, 2014

Hi Debbie – that’s a great way to live your life – getting pleasure out of helping others.

Thanks for commenting,

Mark

Ornit - March 7, 2014

I really enjoyed reading this and I love “With arms wide open”, it’s been quite some time since I last heard it. music was always one of my most significant inspirations. My favorites vary but of course some stick for the long run as spiritual base expansions like Pearl jam, R.e.m, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Moby, Faithless, Depeche Mode and Asaf Avidan.
Thanks for this opportunity of sharing! :))

Mark Tait - March 7, 2014

Hi Ornit – thank you – and for the list of great bands and performers – a few of those I love too very much!

Cheers, Mark

Cathy - March 8, 2014

Keeping myself healthy, happy and constantly learning is what inspires me for now. I need to acquire more skills to help others and create a better future for myself. I am glad I found it in WA. Thanks for sharing the post.

Mark Tait - March 9, 2014

Hi Cathy.

I love learning too – and the people that are part of WA make that such an easy process.

Cheers, Mark

Linda - March 9, 2014

Your being such a great father is inspiring alone. So many children do not.
Do keep my music going, couldn’t live without it. Have Creed and Cat Stevens as playlists too. Billboard has a Dear Daddy playlist.