How to be inspired

Inspirational videos

As I meander through the world on-line, I come across some videos and music that I think are truly wonderful. People can do fascinating things when they set their heart on it, and the only thing that sets us apart from each other, is how we think about our world, and where we fit into it – and how we interact with it, create something within it, and most importantly contribute to it.

This has been on my YouTube playlist for a long time – and even tonight, I showed it to my 11 year-old, Andy – and you could just see his eyes light up when he saw what people were doing in the video.  I believe it shows people how to be inspired – how to achieve things you were always told “you can’t do that”.  The people in this video, able and disabled, show what it takes to be human.

The video itself is what you call a mash-up.  A visual and musical recipe that can sometimes fail dramatically – but can sometimes nail it.  I think this nails it.  What a great song, a great lyric, a great backing track, and a great visual for inspiring people to do what they tell themselves they think they can’t do – but nothing is impossible… collectively, this mash-up proves you can do whatever you set your mind to:

I’d love to have any comments on anything you’ve done similar (or as completely nuts) or other songs and mash-ups that inspire you.

All the best, Mark

Mark Tait

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 22 comments
John Worthy - February 20, 2014

Hello Mark, I love this song since I first heard it in the 70’s.
John

Mark Tait - February 20, 2014

Hi John – it is great isn’t it.

I love the original (there were other versions before Marvin Gaye recorded it), and putting it across a more modern track that Eric Prydz did for his daughter, just gives it a whole new meaning to me.

All the best, Mark

Celia - February 20, 2014

Truly inspirational Mark ! very upbeat. Love what they did to the track!

Reminds me of my husband sky diving for a number of years doing formations in the sky. He now does extreme running instead.

Celia

Mark Tait - February 20, 2014

Hi Celia – thank you – me too – the music, the visuals, the words, everything just connects for me.

The thought of skydiving OR extreme running fill me with the same dread 🙂 Although I am trying to run with my boys to keep fit, and spend more time with them.

All the best Celia,

Mark

Ed - February 20, 2014

Mark —that was the old big bomb–GREAT !!! Thanks for posting at WA SEE_YA there !!!

Cathy - February 20, 2014

Except for the painting part, this mash-up video has all the stunts that swells my adrenaline – height, depth, speed and anti-direction. I admire those who can accomplish it but it will surely take a huge dose of courage for me to even attempt it. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Mark Tait - February 20, 2014

Hi Cathy.

Being someone who finds it difficult to make my handwriting legible (using computers too long!!), I found the painting part very inspiring (they make it look so easy) – if not an adrenaline rush – but agreed, the rest of it is just amazing!

All the best Cathy,

Mark

Emma Fellini - February 20, 2014

Those flying squirrels are insane!

Mark Tait - February 20, 2014

Hi Emma – I wouldn’t disagree with you there 🙂 But what a spectacular visual they create… I’ll just watch though!

Cheers, Mark

Stella - February 20, 2014

Mark,
This is great, not even the sky is the limit, we set the limits ourselves.I will be visiting your site for more inspiration.Thanks for sharing this.

Mark Tait - February 20, 2014

Hi Stella – exactly – that is the point of the post, and you’ve got it completely.

You can spend your life telling yourself you can “never do that” – but what of all the people in the video had said that to themselves… that video wouldn’t exist. But they said “I CAN and I WILL do that” – and went out there and did it.

It’s no different to what we do on-line – to me it’s all a mindset. If you tell yourself, and convince yourself you can do something – nothing can stop you!

Thanks for posting!

All the best, Mark

fine - February 20, 2014

Very nice video and is wonderful how our mind set work , we can do what we say we can if we made up our mind

Randy - February 21, 2014

Ey there Mark,

I’m not normally into inspirational stuff, but you broke the bank on this one. Such awesome visuals of individuals who take it to the limit! Absolutely wonderful. Thank ya’ Mark,

Randy

Bill - February 21, 2014

That is a fun video something I have not tried yet. Very Cool

Mark Tait - February 21, 2014

Hi Bill – there’s some of that that I will NEVER try 🙂 But to me it shows that what seems impossible to some, is just a mindset in others.

All the best, Mark

Prince - February 21, 2014

Hello Mark,
I really enjoyed the Video, the music and the fantastic stunts performed. Amazing Video. Thanks